Thursday, May 28, 2015

CHURCH ENVISIONED IN GOD’S MIND

I have been a pastor for 34 years and a denominational executive for 6 years. I have understanding of the organization we call the contemporary Christian church. It is with unthreatened objectivity and clarity that I can now examine church as I practiced and promoted it; as I watched it evolve and transition to meet cultural challenges; and as I envision it to be in the mind and the Word of God.

Those three viewpoints are not contradictory, yet I am compelled by the knowledge that church was simple yet uber-dynamic just minutes after the Holy Spirit ly decades later emerged in Rome and over time became known as the Roman Catholic Church. It looked nothing like reformation groups that broke away but soon related strength and solidarity not with doctrinal affiliation but with bureaucracy and governance.


What was forgotten so soon after Jesus ascended was that He, Jesus, the Christ, is central and foremost and all who are "in Christ" are members of the family of God, the Church, without need for any further initiation, assimilation, confirmation, or certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment