Wednesday, June 10, 2015

NOT RANTING OR WHINING - MERELY DISCERNING

I am not ranting or whining in my recent blog posts about church. I am observant and I am questioning. I do not consider my assessment to be disrespectful or insolent although it may be marginally peculiar considering that most of my life has been invested in the organized church. I actually believe I am entitled, maybe commissioned to interrogate the church. Why wouldn't I continue to query her today for the sake of Christ. We, the church, are after all, Christ's bride. As a constituent member of this corporate persona, I must be concerned about our purity, our mission, our reputation, our effectiveness.

I am optimistic about Christ's church. I really am. That's because I already know the end of the story. You can too.  An assembly of persons too numerous to estimate, comprised of individuals from every country, every tribal group and linguistic dialect will be attired in white robes as they bow in worship and unitedly shout, "salvation belongs both to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb. Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!" These people will be those about whom it will be said, they have come through severe distress and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." It is now metaphoric and it will be a true identification. All the suffering, hardship and privation of their lives will end as God wipes every tear from their eyes and satisfies them with what cannot end. We will be among them, some of the countless sheep for whom Jesus's life was surrendered as though he was a sacrificial lamb so that he could rebound as the resurrected shepherd of the entire flock.


No comments:

Post a Comment