Friday, December 18, 2015

an advent prayer THE TIME IS NOW

It is the Advent Season 2015. I found a stimulating collection of video presentations speak to Christians themes. These may interest you. I’ll out one up here. They all come from the Zacharias Trust RZIM, the Ravi Zacharias archives. This particular piece is presented by Amy Orr-Ewing, the Director of Programmes for the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA) and UK Director for RZIM Zacharias Trust. 

THE TIME IS NOW

The questions you are asked to consider at the conclusion of the 5 min video are these:
1. Do you take credit for successes in your life and ministry or do you point to Jesus?
2. Do you draw security from your usefulness to God or are you able to be ‘laid aside’ for Christ?
3. Are there people around you who you envy? How can you turn away from this? 

At the conclusion of the video, Ms. Orr-Ewing quotes a prayer written by John Wesley (1703-1792) which has in some traditions been recited annually by Christians. You will find this a humbling and suitable prayer.

“I am no longer my own, but yours. Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for you or laid aside for you, exalted for you or brought low for you; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things. let me have nothing; I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to your pleasure and disposal. And now, glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you are mind and I am yours. So be it. And the covenant now made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen."
To view the entire series of The Time is Now: Daily Reflections for Advent, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment