Friday, April 4, 2014

SPIRITUAL CHECKUP


I have never met anyone who is eager to have a medical examination. I have had more than my share of dental and medical check-ups and procedures. I am never in a hurry to open my mouth or to strip and put on an open-backed medical gown. That’s not my idea of custom clothing or even casual wear. Nevertheless, I believe that regular check-ups are wise dates to schedule. If people require physicals, then knowing what we already know about the challenges to spiritual health and vitality, shouldn’t we also have spirituals? Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God (Mathew 5:8) What do you know about this Beatitude as it’s called. Given the language of this beatitude, the stated condition and the following promise, you may want to join me in making an intentional choice not to pretend to be one thing while actually being something else. We will make that choice knowing that we will have to support it with several significant behavioral changes. We can only do this because we love Jesus so much and we know we will one day look into his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment